Structure and timing of scholarships
The Trust provides scholarships in two ways:
- Applicants can apply directly to the Trust:
- Applications are received twice a year, with closing dates 31 January and 31 May;
- Applicants are required to complete an application form and personal financial statement (including budget);
- Directors conduct personal interviews with applicants;
- The value of a scholarship will depend on the application, however as a general rule scholarships range up to $2,500.
- Applicants can also apply through the Universities and TAFE who promote the scholarships via their own websites– generally at the beginning of the year (see below).
Eligibility of applicants
- Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia
- who are enrolled, or seeking to enrol, as a full-time student in an undergraduate course of study
The Universities and TAFE guidelines are as follows:
University of Adelaide offers four annual scholarships valued at $2,500 each for one year, and are available for commencing and continuing students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia and undertaking a program of study on a full time basis in a Commonwealth supported place.